PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2015, 20:20
CJWSTR93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys!

Went in for my stage 2 assessment today and ended up progressing to the DART section. Without giving away too much, it certainly seemed intended to dive the survivors into somewhat of a deep end! I was left feeling ambiguous about my performance.

With 30 working days to wait until my results, can anybody who passed/failed the DART section recall their performance?

I recall 6-8 missed checkpoints (most of those barely missed), probably 6-8 potential conflicts which were all immediately averted, no collisions, probably around 35-50% on audio sums and an acceptable (although, not efficient) time of completion. You can most likely see why I feel that if I pass, it could be by the skin of my teeth! I have no idea what the pass criteria is, of course.

I'd like to think the 30 days are given for human assessors to look for the training potential in candidates (i.e. sensible bearings, lack of collisions, response to conflict reports, etc.), hence I'd also like to think the pass mark is more relaxed in that sense. I know that if I were to retake the DART scenario there would be an instant improvement on my first time, so I really hope I did enough the first time!

Good luck to all taking their assessments soon!