PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conscientious Objection
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2003, 08:41
TC27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I were the author of this comment I would be feeling very stupid right now, if people doubt the moral justification for this conflict they will take it up with the goverment not the armed forces.
To me it looks like our armed forces went it , did the the job (not forgetting all the people who are still in Iraq) and came back with quiet professionalism which is something the vast majority of people will take pride in.

As professional military men you are inclined to wish to test your mettle but be prepared for a home coming committee similar to the one the American GIs got following their experiences in Vietnam. Admittedly you don't have much choice in the matter and I wish you all a safe return home. It's just a real shame, most of all a shame on Bush and Blair, that you'll be killing men, women and children without any moral justification on offer from any independent source.

Sorry chaps but that's how most of your nation and the rest of the world feels about this. I work and live in a fairly right wing environment and I don't know anyone who supports the intended war regardless of legalistic argument one way or the other.