PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2015, 19:17
heliusac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FO is just over £50k

SFO is around £56k.
Sorry I stand corrected.

It's 50% of 100% and sector+duty pay on top during line training (I think correct me again!).

As I say it's random on base/contract, I know 2 from my old company that got 100% 1st base choice and several others got 70% and no base choice at all!! Seems like the 100% and base choice always comes through in the end except for EMA which seems to be the most popular choice and as such can take a long while.

As for 70% FO take home no idea but 70% skipper was about £4200ish mid summer and about £3200ish mid winter and you will be on a few £K less than that as 100% FO and less sector pay so should give you a rough idea.

I guess it depends on where you have worked before for perspective. My story is fairly typical, as I would take being home every night in the UK and living in the north any day of the week over bigger money/shinier planes or living down south or abroad. Add to that a good mix of interesting destinations, full flights, a company that makes profit (novelty to me) and what I think is good money (see previous companies!). So personally think it's great but can see why some people don't like it and why some are looking to move on.