PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - “SIDS compulsory because of CASA Regulatory Structure?”
Old 15th Jul 2015, 13:52
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yr-right,
If I owned an aeroplane, I'd let you work on it, as you seem to be a conscientious bloke that would produce a positive outcome for my aeroplane.

But there is no way in hell I would permit YOU to put pen to paper on its logs!!

I know we are only on an internet forum, however at least trying to type up something that makes sense is just as important to making your point, as it is to entering information on an aeroplanes logs.

I took the time recently, in light of this discussion to view the invoices of a few friends, and I almost fell over.

The worst was......
100 hourly inspection to VH-XXX.... $XXXX.XX

They didn't improve much from there.

The hourly rate paid to LAME's is just a joke! Any wonder it cannot retain people...the smash repair industry is not much better.

The smarter LAME's are issuing invoices that show actual time on the aeroplane, and as a seperate line, the time spent doing the administrative tasks associated with that work.

The owners getting the dual line invoices are surprised, as the cost of paperwork is often half the bill.

How many owners on here are paying $100 per hour or more for maintenance?

As propstop says, most are happier to pay more for their porsche than they are for their 50 year old cessna.