PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2015, 13:47
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know this how? From your detailed briefings on (for example) Rafale F3R?
From Wiki:
In January 2014, Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian announced that €1 billion is allocated towards the development of the F3R standard. The standard will see the integration of the Meteor BVR missile, among other weapons and software updates. The standard is to be validated by 2018.
So the F3R standard won't even be "validated" until 2018. Fully developing, testing, and producing the product built to the F3R standard and then installing it in the aircraft take place when? And that standard while providing a new weapon does not provide any new sensors. So your Rafale F3R example is actually a form of what you call "misinformation". May I ask if this is hypocrisy or just unprofessional inconsistency?

The final sentence is false. (That's a statement of fact, not a personal attack.) Are you genuinely unaware of what has been done outside of Lockheed Martin, are are you actively trying to inject misinformation into the discussion?
Hmmm.

1. I work for a COMPETITOR to Lockheed Martin. So your implication that I'm somehow biased is false.

2. Rafale (and indeed any other existing aircraft) does not and cannot have the passive sensor suite of the F-35 and F-22 simply because they need to be integrated into the structure and loft lines of the aircraft. Unlike most other systems, such a sensor suite cannot be (cost effectively) scabbed onto an existing airframe. Is the deletion of that fact "misinformation" or an example of the very ignorance (falsely) attributed to me?