PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2015, 22:35
bristolflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTA, I agree with MV. I'm afraid charters to Vegas are pipe dreams. There have been occasional one off charters to BGI for cruises. I would love to see the return of a direct flight to NYC. I used the service on a number of occasions and it was fantastic to land at 8.30 and be home by 9.30, but sadly I don't see a return. Continental did not have access to LHR at the time it started flights from BRS, but it does now it has merged with United. The business model was sound in that they tried point to point to the UK regions thus taking traffic from LHR. BHX,MAN,BFS,EDI and EDI are still served. Bristol is just too close to LHR, especially if you live to the north of the city. You are right that there is an affluent catchment, it is that affluence that supports the extensive EZY network, but legacy carriers need repeat business traffic not rich tourists. As for DXB I believe a Gulf carrier would struggle to fill 250+ seats per day, let alone 500+ over two aircraft. There is a limited market for longhaul, but I can't see the cost/benefit to the airport in extending the runway to truly cater for it.