PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA762 report released (cowl doors openning)
Old 14th Jul 2015, 16:55
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Oooooooh I love the ever so but tempting thread creep. Alluded to in a minority of my posts, but ,I am moved to say that all of this started in 1973 ! Cheese holes lining up, bean counters etc , etc,. Here's the thing (for you yankeeddoodles), When Northeast & Cambrian were integrated into BARD (British Airways Regional Division), we lonely FO's lost everything. The Monitored Approach procedure loved by those who got the Cat111 stuff approved but was not THE most desirable in conditions other than blinding fog, became STANDARD. So, Capt was always Capt. Well, he always was. I was not allowed to do ANY R/T , not allowed to taxi and P1/s, clearly out of the window, endangered my hours build up to the ATPL. BUT, BEA guys logging Panel Operator time as P2 got away with it.

I left.

We do talk about Management buy outs. I loved my Trident 1e- check with the UK CAA present. Checker stated that this was my CONTINUED opportunity to " demonstrate my continued ability to operate as pilot in command of a multi-engined aircraft in controlled airspace ". With the Flight Engineer's foot on my leg, I remonstrated that I would not be able to do that under current BEA SOP procedures because I was NEVER the Pilot in Command in regular practice because of the appalling Monitored Approach SOPS adopted by BEA. I got my way, passed, but my future was severely compromised.

I left.

The dumbing down of the industry with high levels of reliance on automated flight not really understood by those who operate it will lead to more of this.

Click..................click.............................off to the bar thanks !

Last edited by Gordomac; 14th Jul 2015 at 16:56. Reason: Typo