PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit Procedures
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2015, 12:12
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pitts extra

The FAA system is way way bigger worldwide than the CAA I am sure if the rest of the world thought the OH was so good they would all adopt it and it would be a universal join which it isn't

If you are deadside why not just join crosswind, turn down wind base and land ? which isn't far off what you would do from that direction in an OH join.

any extra 90 degree turn you make is an extra collision hazard as you are partially blind in that turn! Every level change you make is a collision hazard any point you make as a herding point is a collision risk.

I am not against the OH as a join amongst other passible joins at certain airfields and where weather allows? I am against it being fitted into conditions where it doesn't fit as depicted by the CAA. i am against a 500 foot separation and a modified OH join (there are better ways than that)

as stated if it was so good everyone would want it which worldwide they don't It is an archaic method which yes has a place but the majority of pilots world wide don't want it! Proof of the pudding is in the eating and the vast majority do not want to eat the OH join only us historically jammed Brits

I have had instructions from FIS to join OH when its impossible to do so due weather. Next time I will do so and declare that I am doing so in IMC as to published procedures

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 14th Jul 2015 at 12:26.