PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well if you say so Mark!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2015, 10:56
VR-HFX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Another

To be quite frank, after 30 years, I don't really care. The last line check was a breeze as no-one had any points to score.

I am on a bigger cull list...one deigned from higher authorities than CX management, so why should I be intimidated. I was once and it was a very bad feeling. The only remedy was to confront those who I thought were responsible. You soon find that Cowards Castle has no moat and no drawbridge, and certainly not the cover of ridiculous things like Yammer.

My current reality is that the company needs me more than I need them. They rely upon my reservoir of nostalgic goodwill and the fact that I do more for them on the line than they can ever do in the current C&T regime and more than I could do when I was in said regime.

It must be so because I am still around.QED.

What they are doing to all you younger folk is deplorable and if I had but a modicum of courage I would do what many buddhist monks in Tibet have been doing for years.

Unless one is able to settle into a calm and collected mindset ( I think there are about two dozen of us left), life in this company in 2015 is, no doubt, rather stressful.

I have been fortunate enough to have seen the best of this company from tje days when it was smaller than Dragonair is today. I have also seen the rapid decline and the concomitant infighting that has become the norm.Some of the discord has come from within our own ranks and much from the management trying, in their own inadequate way, to address economic realities.

I can but wish you all the best and advise that unity, although hard to achieve in a place like HK, is the only weapon available.