PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 13th Jul 2015, 08:40
Fonz121

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Nope

Ok so it's out and there isn't really anything in it that hasn't been mentioned previously.

Still nothing to discourage the rostering of crew away from home base for long periods of time. Still nothing to discourage the rostering of crew sitting in hotel rooms all day twiddling their thumbs.

No overtime. No DTA - both of which would go some way in helping with lifestyle and both of which feature (either alone or together) in the EBAs of QF Mainline, VARA, Tiger, Jetstar and I think (but not entirely sure) Virgin.

If it's good enough for everyone else, then why not us as well?

*WARNING - PERSONAL RANT* I'm getting a bit over busting out 145 hour months while other guys are doing a third of that for more or less the same coin. It was only meant to be temporary but it's not getting any better. Sure people are getting trained but people are also leaving at the same rate.

IMO, the only way to make it fairer is to bring in O/T so the guys who are working hard are fairly compensated compared to the guys who aren't. With DHA, the difference in pay will be minute compared to the extra work being done.

DTA should be a bare minimum to compensate for having our 'time off' spent in hotels away from our families. Something that never used to happen.

I feel sorry for any guys in GA with an ATPL and 2000hrs as their chances of getting a job with Qlink (Sunstate at least) just got a whole lot worse. It will be like Maccas hiring an 18 year old instead of a 15 year old. Will cost the company more so why do it?

It was a pretty good move by the company to get rid of bonds for new hire FO's and having it transferred to the Captains. New hires are likely to be too inexperienced (on account of them being 10% cheaper) to move on anywhere else so why bother bonding them? Now the current FO's who have already been bonded for 3 years will be bonded for another 2 years. I'm not sure what I gained in exchange for the pleasure of being bonded for 5 years.

Side letters- really, what's the point?

If you value time at home, or at least value being paid to be away from home then I don't know how you will benefit from this.