PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the Russian AF showing signs of age?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2015, 20:17
Tinribs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russian Events

Some years ago I was in a helicopter crash on the kola. Fortunately the machine was built in Russia so bouncing down the strip shedding bits did not cause it to fall apart. Lesson one, old does not equal rubbish or frailty.
We were rather near a nuclear submarine base in an closed area so rescue took 8 hours. Lesson 2 much of Russia is very isolated and even the military are scared of breaking the rules
After a period in intensive care I was moved to a private ward in Murmansk hospital which was in poor physical shape but the care I experienced was superb. Item I never waited more that ten seconds when asking for water. item not one person passed my bed in intensive care without asking if I wanted anything.item the food was simple but nutrient full and the diet was selected from a group of ingredients selected for my personal needs so lots of white meat simple bread and no butter. I was having many injections per day, in the competition with my nurse if I could feel it I won if not she did mostly she won. The KGB man was very polite he just wanted rid of me

NEVER underestimate the courage hard work and kindness of individual ruskies I never will