PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2015, 17:52
PPRuNeUser0176

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My understanding is movements would not have to be halted when the A380 moving to stand. There is a little taxiway work required but runway lighting will be dropped down soon. Push back may be impacted but at the time of day there is a handful of lights mostly form 100 gates so they can push back and hold.

The runway 10 comment is valid while it will not always be practicable (a lot) normal airfield movements or the way ATC would like to operate is the A380 would have 1600 m coming in from 28 and 2200 m coming in from 10. Now this figures are for larger aircraft than a certain size, I am not sure if they include the A380 but they don't say they don't and aircraft should exit.

Anyway if it comes in 2016 or not it will be coming and lets be honest new runway construction is imminent, 25 million should be hit at some stage in 2016, once the daa have non construction work done they can turn a sod once 25,000,001 is passed.

The daa would of discussed with the IAA the implications of A380 coming before the new runway is built so I suspect they have cleared it. (don't know but if they said no, it wouldn't be planned).