PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drunken pilots the latest air-scare
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2003, 21:46
homesick rae
Aluminum Tubing Inspector
Aluminum Tubing Inspector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about crew on duty travel?

I witnessed one of my ex colleagues be denied boarding because he stank of booze. He had already been warned by the Chief Purser. No flight deck. He refused to take his stripes off...so was still "in Uniform"

The whole situation was handled profesionally by the groundstaff and eventually Special Branch were involved.

The person's ID was removed and given to the Purser. Then my colleague was "immediately suspended" and had to make his won way back to base.

My ex colleague WAS also a Purser. We had all returned from a flight and had a couple of drinks...the rest of the crew had gone to bed, got up and had breakfast, except him...he sat all night thinking that drinking coffee would remove the smell and effects of the large Cognacs he was also drinking!

I have had BA crew in uniform on flights to DXB and they behaved responsibly and enjoyed a glass of wine...no problems...

The Captain would always inform us that they were laying over in DXB and flying out in a day or two...they had their meal and a beverage or two then sat back and chilled...

Anyone, flight deck or cabin crew who abuses the regs should be kicked out...there are plenty more responsible people out there ready to step in!

I apologise that this veers of course from the original thread but is still, I feel, in the same vein...so to speak.