PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well CASA, what is your enforced response?
Old 12th Jul 2015, 07:48
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
The "fact" is that the regulator found that lack of food was a major contributor to the incidence.
Wrong on several levels. The ATSB is not the regulator and only found that the PIC had not eaten anything during the duty. I don't recall the report stating that it was a major factor and if anything suggested the research was inconclusive. The other fact is that there were two pilots on that flight deck and only one had not eaten. There isn't any real analysis of what the PNF was doing other than uttering two words and attending to "cockpit tasks".

The "barrow" to push is that the regulator legislates that companies provide the crew with sustenance before they all jump on the band wagon and follow Jetstar's lead on this issue.
I think it states that adequate sustenance shall be provided, it doesn't state that is the airlines responsibility. BTW Tiger haven't been providing crew food for a lot longer than Jetstar. The Company still provides adequate sustenance to its WB pilots so your hysterics are not factually based.

The incident you refer to may be the moronic implemented toga tap which was initially covered up until exposed
No I'm not and no it wasn't. I'm referring to a similar incident to the A330 but the Jetstar crew got a "Too Low Gear" warning. Crew did the same thing though which suggests that the training at both airlines provides crews with the appropriate response to an EGPWS.