PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta 747-400 takes a beating over China
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2015, 23:46
neila83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooky 2
Who would Delta supply this information to other than the FAA and the NTSB at this time? Certainly not some random passenger such as yourself. How were they rude to you? Why do I suspect your'e a lawyer?
Not sure of the need for this kind of response. A passenger is bound to want to know what happened after being put in a situation where they may well have felt their life was in danger. If on any other form of transport, bus, train etc. such a dangerous situation was encountered, passengers thrown around, the vehicle substantially damaged, then the company would generally look after customers afterwards. Not simply expect them to shrug it off. Yes flying is extremely safe, but it is the one form of transport that will willingly put its passengers through some pretty scary situations just to get from a to b.

Personalyl I'd rather, and I'm sure most passengers, that airlines said 'if weather means we can't get to where we should we won't try and push on regardless and hope for the best'. I'm sure this is how most operate, but it seems there are some pilots who will push through. It's never that important to get somewhere. If a train sees a tree on the line it doesn't try and bulldoze through it and hope it works out. It scares me when I see pilots talking about flying through things they didn't want to. Passengers don't pay to be on test flights.