PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FBO Pet Hates
Thread: FBO Pet Hates
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2015, 22:25
mattman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well to be honest Mr Dudeness, I usually find those dusty cobweb filled rooms called pilot lounges.

In the corner I find old CRT screens with old ink jets attached, and usually spend a couple of minutes coaxing the old dot matrix to life and spending some time updating Windows 360 and manage to print what I require.

Another pet hate is the neglected PC's festered with old briefings that probably came from Lindenburg's crossings. And now and again you find the wild sites left in the history of some poor sods attempt to pacify the boredom in anticipation for the boss's expected arrival.

Was once ramp checked by some Dutch gentleman,and we had a nice chat about NOTAM's, he was amazed at the amount of info that was printed on hundreds of pages spanning sometimes 4 times the aircraft range.
He could not understand how pilots could get the relevant information from so much vegetation and ink.

To conclude the FBO/Handler are printing you what they think is relevant. Sometimes in excess and that presents them a opportune moment to shake the last pennies from your pockets.