PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS - The Decline
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2015, 13:29
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Romeopapa, I don't know you, but your attitude really really stinks.
So pilots are hired hands to taxi the TFOs around?? You must have great CRM on your base. I only did 6 years in Police Aviation, but we operated as a crew and had great success doing so. The nice Mr Hogan-Howe even gave me a couple of commendations for my contributions.
We were part of the team, think about that when you slag the drivers off. One part of being on that team was to have an input into making the service better, we were 'on the pulse' and could give valuable input. This of course could be rejected by senior officers, but I will tell you one thing........... They listened to what you had to say before making decisions, good or bad. You just dismiss comments as ex wallop nco whinging. My senior pilot was an ex wallop nco and he was one of the best people I have ever worked for. Quite simply, the unit would not have survived without him.
NPAS will work, because that is how things will be. It doesn't and shouldn't stop people talking about what could or should be done better. This is council taxpayers money, they deserve and expect to get value for money. You cannot live under the umberella of 'we know what you need, so shut up and let us do as we wish'. In the 21st century EVERYTHING is accountable and as public servants you should be open to audit by the public you serve.