PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2015, 06:52
Una Due Tfc

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by j636
Any idea which stand and how many air bridges will be available to off load up to 615 passengers? At DXB they use 3 but lots of airports only use 2. Will be great news and so quick since they opened the route.

Surly it will still be a complex operation to get from runway to stand all the same?

When the new T2 bus lounge openes wil EIR transfer all operations. I know its around 2 years off.
I've never worked in DUB so all this info is second hand from controllers I know up there:

If an A380 was taxiing from runway 28 or to runway 10, there could be no other arrivals or departures while it was moving or for several minutes before it departed or several minutes before or after it arrived as it's wings would be too close to the runway. IF this rumour is true, then the A380 and anything arriving subsequently will have to be put in the hold for at least 5 minutes to allow traffic ahead to be cleared, then the A380 will have to be taken in, alone, while yet more traffic builds in the hold until the A380 is at it's gate (probably another 10 minutes). So probably another 10 aircraft minimum. Same when it's departing, and it departs during the busiest time of the day for arrivals. If this is true it will cause absolute chaos and cost EI and FR an absolute fortune in wasted fuel.

Emirates tried to bring the A380 2 years ago and were told no for this reason. If it happens it will cause far more harm than good to traffic statistics. It would be so stupidly suicidal only the DAA would be capable of doing it.

Last edited by Una Due Tfc; 12th Jul 2015 at 04:04.