PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battle of Britain? 40% of young people don't know what it is
Old 10th Jul 2015, 22:45
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gentlemen, whatever reasons Britons have served in our forces, I'm sure many of us felt that we were trying to uphold a standard set by those, in particular, who served in WW2. Whatever, from their sacrifice to our service it was all done to ensure the freedom and democracy of our nation, and the rights of self determination of our children. As has been said, it's a damn shame that consecutive governments have dumned down our native history, in favour of giving a false prospective that we are no longer "British" but "a multicultural society" ! I'm not multicultural, I'm a native Briton, and anyone who thinks they can tell me otherwise can insert it anally (and I do not mean once a year). My children will decide the future of our country, both of them are aware of the sacrifice to give them that choice. What a shame that so many youngsters will prioritise the latest update to "Terror Op 2015" rather than reality.

Smudge