PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba2644 Delay today
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2015, 19:38
seafire6b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could always bell BA and ask.
Ever tried phoning BA? Early last Sunday evening, I spent 40 minutes being assured by a BA recorded voice that I'd be dealt with "as soon as possible", before even speaking to any one of their reservations agents.

Firstly I explained there was a glitch on their system so I couldn't book online - that was kind of dismissed by BA, albeit without being actually verbalised. Behold, 10 minutes later, whilst making my bookings, the agent said, "...that's strange, I've just encountered the same problem you said you had..."! No problem, he'd do as much as he could whilst I was on the line and then resolve the computer glitch with the supervisor.

Therefore, a timed 59 minutes after my initial phone connection to BA, I was finally able to say thank you, and hang up. That was immediately after the agent had promised that I'd receive a confirmatory email "within minutes".
Did I receive it? Of course not.

Hence another (only 23 minutes that time) phonecall to BA on Monday morning to confirm my booking had been made (yes) and the requested seats reserved (no). I asked if, whilst I was on the phone, could she perhaps reserve specific seats? Answer "no", but she very kindly gave me my locator reference so I could go online and do it myself! But she did say she'd ensure the confirmatory email would "be sent now".
Needless to say, I'm still awaiting that email.

You could always bell BA and ask.
Only if there's NO ALTERNATIVE!

Edit: Heathrow Director - I appreciate your, "I'm sure they'd be interested to hear from you" was tongue in cheek, but as you'll observe, I really needed that rant at BA, 'twas almost therapeutic.

Last edited by seafire6b; 10th Jul 2015 at 19:58. Reason: comma!