PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improve the phraseology
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2015, 14:31
BiOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, thank you very much for all the advices and replies you posted! I'm really sorry for my late reply, I've been a little busy until summer. Although, I practiced phraseology a lot, not only sitting on my chair, and it helped!
I wanted to thank Whopity for rapidly linking me doc. 9432, the best resource I could have gotten information from: the official one!

I have immediately noticed my COMs where ****-loaded with tons of useless terms and stuff. I amended the sheet myself and now I feel way more relaxed with the mic!

Anyway, my instructor always told me not to be shy when communicating, because people on the other side knew I was a student pilot. He required me using a correct phraseology in the overall (like the previous one is, since it contains all the needed info and readbacks) but he wasn't anal about it. I was spontaneous on trying to amend my phraseology, because I knew something could have improved, but I was seeking the best improvement possible and thank to YOU GUYS I've understood that I just need to be fluent, clear and say the necessary, no more. I think experience plays a key role here, but It will come with some time haha I just want to say that adopting the correct phraseology helped me a lot, since it was everything more linear, less confusing and less stressing, that's why I think that communicating the correct way can even increase (and not to decrease) piloting quality: it helps having important information "stow and latch" in your mind and helps knowing constantly your position, keeping situational awareness high
But it's just my opinion...

Thank you very much again! Happy landings!