PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - “SIDS compulsory because of CASA Regulatory Structure?”
Old 10th Jul 2015, 12:36
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yr Right has some points, valid and invalid.

Cessna have not made SIDS mandatory....from the manufacturer, its HIGHLY reccomended. CASA have made it mandatory.

Owners won't pay to have inspections/repairs done...big fooey.
I work in the auto industry.
Big difference you say....dam right there is, and you have more power than I do, but all you LAME's are the same.

I get a service in, I do the work and the inspections. If an owner decides they do not wish needed work done, then I note it on the invoice for the client to acknowledge the item. I also do not release the car until I have been paid.
This is where LAME's have a tool that I don't. YOU HAVE TO SIGN for the aeroplane to be returned to flight.
Too many of you sign simply so you get paid, and most of you release without being paid...in the hope the cheque is really in the mail.

The pay rates for tradies in the AME business are crap, and very disporportinate to the end bills.

Mr Boyd states that he took the opportunity to completley refurbish his aeroplane.

The SIDS is so invasive, that a refurbished aeroplane is what comes out the other side.