PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mammoth Building Projects Underpin 777X Plan
Old 10th Jul 2015, 07:35
West Coast

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
SWH

I don't think there was any confusion on what break even meant. It wasn't inferred that meant anything on the level of having paid for R&D, delays and the grounding, etc. I suggest it shows a postive trajectory especially when coupled with other metrics indicates that the program is far from a failure and that characterization as such seems uninformed or is intentionally skewing opinion for personal reasons.

What I trust with some reservation is compliance with basic business strategies, in this case both with the airlines and Boeing.

What I trust with some reservation is a Boeing's confidence that there's a market for a new product, to introduce and then continue with the product, especially on the scale of $ the 787 has cost.

What I trust with some reservation is the consumers continued purchase of a product even after teething pains. It shows a great deal of confidence in the aircraft and an understanding of how it can change the business dynamics.

Boeing, the airlines and leasing companies are following fairly basic business concepts, giving me a strong belief the 787 will eventually make Boeing a great deal of money, if not today or tomorrow.

What I don't trust with some exceptions is anonymous posters offering opinions about highly complicated matters especially when the opinion is only backed by a sentence or two.