PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Odd? landing technique (PA28) wanted by school
Old 9th Jul 2015, 18:56
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can assure you that all aircraft land in tbe same way.
Well... All aircraft should be landed gently, and under control, there might be some nuances as to how this is achieved. The approach to that can vary greatly. The pilot must understand and be able to execute an approach, which is appropriate to put the plane at a place and speed which will enable a good landing.

I suspect that some airliner pilot training focuses more on get the plane on the ground in the touchdown zone, rather than get it to the touchdown zone, and then finesse a good landing.

I worry that students are not willing to pay for the proper instruction, which they therefore do not receive on many topics, including landing. The instructor brings the student to the skill level where they can get the plane on the ground damage free, and leaves it at that. On budget, skills and inspiration lacking. When I am training, I will be training the owner in their aircraft. Thus, it is not difficult to convince them to apply more effort to a good landing to reduce wear and tear, once I demonstrate the difference. I can't blame a flying instructor, if the system and the student don't demand better training. I will blame them if they don't apply themselves to be at least inspire really good landings by demonstration.