PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2015, 15:35
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
It's been a while since this forum got into the fatuous arguments about which report or source is valid and which is invention or propaganda, but you guys are certainly making up for it now. Too much attacking other programmes to justify this one. Too much legacy jet X didn't have these problems so why does this one.

Personal views (or opinions, as they are sometimes called) seem to be dangerous things to express around here right now, but I'm going to do it anyway. In my opinion, this thread has too much squabbling about source, people's motivation for their position on the subject and way too much emphasis on the perceived polarisation of of every poster's (so called) position. Not everyone here needs to be a fan or a, what was the term? "Nay-sayer". Might be more educational for all of us is the extemists dropped their holier than thou stance and actually discussed, rather than counter-attacked the whole time.

If you don't think I have the right to say that, screw you.

Moving on...

Originally Posted by SSSetc
In my opinion, the stuff LM push out about capability is a country mile closer to the truth than the Eurofighter stuff that you appear to have swallowed hook, line and sinker. If you disagree, no hard feelings, we'll just have to agree to.
This is the first programme that has been run so fully in the public gaze - one of the reasons it has attracted so much criticism (warranted and unwarranted) from all quarters. The Eurofighter programme didn't do many press releases during the development phase (by comparison) and the various trials weren't so openly reported, so I really don't think there's much of a comparison. Cold War secrecy habits may have had some benefits after all.

Sorry, Leon. I overstepped your post there. I was not refering to you or your post.

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 9th Jul 2015 at 18:46. Reason: Apologies to Leon J