PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good Flying School in South East Asia
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2015, 15:17
Droste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by maddogcc
i am new to this forum and i will soon be acquiring a CAAS CPL ME/IR and i am also chinese. With regards to the China aviation jobs, could you please pm and tell me more about it? I have lived in China for awhile and i find that i adapt well to their culture. I am really interested in the idea of working there.. Please advise.
Hello Chris,

Please do not give up on the aviation piloting opportunities in Singapore. All airlines in Singapore are hungry for pilots, and priority is awlays for Singaporeans with CAAS license (irregardless of flying hours).

According to the CAAS SP&L office, there is a surplus of low-timer CAAS license holders (including those from RSAF). It is just matter of time for the local airlines to suck them in.

The airline culture (especially pilot recruitment/application) in China is totally different from Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and etc.

It is true they (the Chinese airlines) want Captains. There is too much advertisement (from those sickening pilot recruitment agencies looking for Captains). However, these airlines in China have direct recruitment for low timers and lots of people (referring to the Chinese blood) don't know how to jump the loops of application.

Mandarin speaking is not good enough but must be Chinese (regardless of nationality). And these are the applicants rank above "鬼佬".