PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WORLD AVIATION MUSEUMS - Mod post 16/05
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2015, 12:40
Mr Oleo Strut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An old snappers tale..

The excellent photos on this thread remind me of the many photo-opportunities I missed, either by having no camera, film or not being fast enough on the trigger. Like the day the Fairey Rotodyne flashed by at White Waltham. Or the time at Greenham Common the Harrier did a bow right over our heads. And that wonderful moment at Heathrow right behind Concorde when it lit up all four and whispered away. Heathrow again, watching a Stratocruiser start up at dusk with flames and smoke. Vulcan touch-and-go at Cranfield. VC10s at Brize just floating down. A Mosquito low pass at Shuttleworth. Victors at Marham low-flying over the Wolds. A big Blackbird easing into Lakenheath. Bouncy Britannia at Heathrow in a crosswind which required a Caravelle to deploy its tail parachute. VC10 coming in to Heathrow on foam with no nose wheel. BOAC 707 engine fire on take-off, with rapid return. A10s strafing practice over East Anglia. Close-up view of Court Line Tristars at Luton. The first Ryanair there, as well as all those lovely Monarch Britannias. My old Heralds dropping in to Bournemouth for Channel Express. Thank goodness others snapped when I didn't, and for YouTube!