PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADHD, medication and class 1 medical
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2015, 10:12
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too am suspect of all these labels which seem to be a desire often by parents to excuse bad behaviour at school from the bad parenting of the parents.

So much easier to attach a label that little timothy suffers with XYZ rather than we are **** parents who allow our spoilt brat to run amok and do what they want at will.

its not like you can go for blood tests and find a Doctor who will tell you that you carry the ADHD virus or gene so any diagnosis will be on behaviour which could be for numerous reasons and perfectly normal through life events rather than a mysterious Quango condition?

I am not medically qualified so this is just an observation but I think you are causing yourself big problems not just in aviation but in your life by attaching a label to yourself to excuse your own behaviour rather than sorting that behaviour.

Its only too easy to say its not my fault that I behave in this way because I suffer with ABC rather than facing up to that behaviour and doing something to sort it! The easy way is not always the right way for parents and problem kids but the excuse way and too many in the medical world are only too happy to apply those labels with no real evidence

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 9th Jul 2015 at 15:22.