PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Assessment - Advice
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2015, 09:11
byrondaf

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
CTC Assessment - Advice
I've looked through numerous posts and cant find what I'm looking for.

I'm doing the CTC assessment next week and need some advice, i have previously done the Oxford one and passed. I'm wondering what is the differences? also, How sensitive is the joystick in CTC's joystick assessments? Thats what I'm most concerned about.

Also what to expect in general

I know the risks I'm taking etc, incase someone gives me a lecture on why not to go to CTC.

Advice greatly appreciated.
If you can do the oxford one you should have no problem with CTC. I did both and if you've got the aptitude you'll be fine. Possibly a bit harder, but majority of people fail the maths part not the PILAPT. Joystick for CTC is much better than OAA in my opinion!

Previous post was quite accurate, just they don't interview everyone. If you don't make the grade on PILAPT or group exercises, then you will be sent home after lunch. there is plenty of stuff on the assessment if you search the forum...

Just added info on the hold pool, probably the bit you're most interested in. I finished AQC, 10 days later got my AQC results, following day email to say I was in the pool, day after that invite to airline assessment...good luck!