PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2015, 22:32
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will find that Bagso is talking about generally rather than specifically about the SE issues.

From your London-centric viewpoint, Frank, you wouldn't be expected to know that public support by MPs for any developments and issues at Manchester has been sadly lacking in recent years. Mind you they haven't been opposing things either; just strangely silent compared to previous years.
Heathrow-centric maybe (as this thread tends to as much about criticising Heathrow expansion as discussing Ringway issues), London-centric no.

Read my various posts, slowly if necessary: no indication of anti-North sentiments.

On the other hand, the case for Heathrow rwy expansion is unanswerable, which is why no coherent arguments are ever made against it.

Of course northern MPs should be supportive of Ringway, the northern hub, the "powerhouse", and sufficient infrastructure improvements to rebalance the UK economy, it doesn't or shouldn't stop them also being supportive of
Heathrow rwy expansion

It's not either/or.

Frank, I have no issue with any MP supporting LHR as long as they can discuss the detail, and argue the point genuinely.

BUT you would have to be living on the moon not to think this was politics at its worse and nothing to do with facts.
Nah, not the moon, just live under the Heathrow flightpath!

Indeed, but not so much real politics, more a case of running scared of NIMBYs.

Anti-Prosperity Duty [APD]

Bagso - That APD consultation document you link to in post No.2389 is an excellent find.
No point tinkering with APD, scrap it now and get a massive boost to the economy!