PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Dispensation Decision Reversed by Airservices
Old 8th Jul 2015, 21:40
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think anyone could argue that ADSB is a wonderful thing.

What I have trouble getting my head around is why in gods name did we decide to implement it long before the country where all the fixes will come from?

How on earth does the USA with their traffic density manage without ADSB?
Given Australia's traffic density why the hell did we need it ahead of the rest of the world other than to ensure fat bonuses for ASA executives.

The GA industry is left to devise its own fixes at considerable cost, which will have to be removed if our aircraft have to be sold overseas because our maintenance standards are not accepted by the rest of the world.

The economies of scale make it quite affordable for airlines, and no doubt they get a lot of free technical advice from aircraft manufacturers, a few bucks on the ticket price and away they go. Maybe the irishman could implement an ADSB levee.

For a GA aircraft flying 500 hours a year the proportional cost is enormous. Considering GA will receive no benefit from ADSB I can understand why some are a little upset.