PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2015, 15:57
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...uty-devolution

Unfortunately time does not permit a forensic review but others may well choose to evaluate and report back ?

I think I am right in suggesting they are devolving powers to adjust / cut this tax BUT only in devolved areas ?

NI, Scotland and now the Republic Of Gtr Mancunia ?

Quite surprised to see reference to Northernpowerhouse in opening paragraphs of an APD doc !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Budget also suggested Tfn Transport For North which certainly has a nice ring and beats Tfl Transport For London.

Now all we want is a "FAIR" proportion of the cash, (not the same amount before all my supporters in the Eastend get the wrong idea just a fairer amount reflecting the size of the place).

Can only be a good idea to improve overall connectivity to MAN.

That said I agree with the election bluster Mr Tis but that stick to beat Mr Osborne just got bigger !

The more he reneges on promises the more the embarrassment.

Bear in mind he is lining himself up for PM so coming along saying I have done this , that and the other will sit well.

...................................................If he doesn't well as I said previous , down to the Heads office for a good thrashing after Latin !

Last edited by Bagso; 8th Jul 2015 at 16:09.