PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2015, 23:26
manusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hanima
Regarding the stage 2 tests, I have only one question... do you guys know any decent/affordable place to spend the night before the test? I'll be coming from Spain, so I'll be going a day in advance, hoping to get a good night's sleep. No need for anything fancy, just looking for something closer to the NATS facility and with good prices, preferably.
Hi Hanima,

I did the same when I went for Stage 2. I stayed in Southampton at the Ibis Budget hotel (not even 5 min walking from the train station), and took a train to Swanwick.
At the time, it was the cheapest option, taking into account the train tickets (anything closer was fully booked or way too expensive). From Swanwick you can take a taxi (about £6-8) or walk all the way to NATS (~30min).

If you have time, try going to NATS headquarters the day before. It helps to explore the route and removes the stress of not being sure if you are getting lost the morning of the tests. I chose walking, put on my headphones with some music and tried to relax along the way. It also helped me wake up and feel energized!

Hope it helps, it worked for me!

Good luck!