PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 7th Jul 2015, 16:26
Brob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam14,

I think I have to agree with the last two comments on here, although not in that position myself having read various posts from pilots currently in the business its very possible to land jobs going modular.

I have since changed stance on Integrated and working towards Modular. Hours seem to be key in getting ahead of the rest, possibly aim for a regional carrier where jobs may be easier to come by newly qualified. The crazy costs you will rack up by going Integrated at one of the three big schools will put regional work out of reach as the repayments are in excess of £1000 pcm.

If you are fortunate enough to have the thick end of £100,000 knocking about go for the Integrated route, but expect to have another £20,000 added to that for a type rating. I see the financial cons far outweigh the pros of the big three schools 'Airline Connections' of which your not forced to actually get a job.

I'd keep the training costs down, getting hours in the book until the job arrives. You'll probably have enough money left to pay for the type rating that way too.