PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another runway at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2015, 13:23
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness - Another dose of the old "pots and kettles" from you there. I truly doubt that there is a more ardent "supporter" on PPRuNe than your good self, BA and LHR being the objects of your own unswerving devotion.

And once again, you attempt to introduce your human rights agenda. Please keep this out of aviation debate. Most nation states in the world attract disapproval from some quarter ... do you favour a trading environment of bans and petty agendas driven by attention-seeking politicians? I suppose you've considered that all the nations whose carriers you would like to sanction are quite capable of reciprocation?

Now, let's look closely at the MEB3 specifically since they attract disapproving comments from you at every opportunity. EMIRATES employs around 400 staff in Greater Manchester. And those staff support families and spend in the local economy. And they pay taxes ... to the same exchequer as BA & LHR workers. You often seem to overlook that. ETIHAD is also a major employer in the NW. And, alongside partner companies domiciled in Abu Dhabi has invested vast sums in the regeneration of depressed districts of East Manchester in particular. QATAR AIRWAYS, to the best of my knowledge, is not a large-scale employer / investor in the NW, but like the two aforementioned carriers they do offer excellent service, competitive fares and an outstanding selection of global connections to travellers originating in this region.

To me, British Airways is just another airline, one choice amongst many in the air travel sector. But all their flights from MAN require a change over LHR. Where we can look forward to a duplicated full security search and big queues on arrival. And that is on the good day when they haven't cancelled your Shuttle connection in the first place.

Be as cynical as you like. The MEB3 offer those of us in the NW a superior travel proposition.