PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Odd? landing technique (PA28) wanted by school
Old 7th Jul 2015, 12:03
gfunc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Genghis,

I get your points about my other "disappointments" about my experience thus far. I would agree with them all in the case of you and I going for a local flight in your lovely privately owned Condor.

However, in my opinion at this stage (me rocking up as an unknown quantity) an instructor should be setting an example and insisting on high standards. From viewpoint of a student, at worst quickly going over the W&B and perf would refresh my memory, and at best would highlight any deficiencies in my knowledge. Again the not dipping tanks is setting a poor example - it literally takes seconds during the walk around and is again another opportunity to check my knowledge. Flight training is predominantly a case of "monkey see, monkey do"; visual guestimation plus an inexperienced PPL has the potential to line up several slices of Swiss cheese.

The mixture issue...it seems a UK oddity that I'll live with!

With regards to your question - two issues are (i) I have to convert my overseas CPL, so I'm stuck in the training environment for a while (thanks CAA!) and (ii) I seemed to have moved to a part of the country with a paucity of airfields and I would be looking for something aerobatic with the little wheel at the correct end of the aircraft.