PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2015, 23:37
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Joyce is a disgrace and couldn't manage to set a mouse trap. Mismanagement certainly leads to 'issues' with fed up crew and I'm sure you your grievance is legitimate.

Having said that, please remember airlines are EXTREMELY complex things and effectively running a restaurant at 35,000' with only pre loaded equipment and supplies is probably one of the most difficult things companies could do. Alan Joyce and Clifford et al have only the vaguest understanding of what goes on so it isn't immediately obvious, but what surprises me is how well the job 'generally' gets done day after day and night after night across the planet with people from totally different cultures.
I understand.
I guess what I am aluding too is that Joyce and co have driven the quality down to the point where staff are not happy, that reflects on service standards and the brand to the point customers like myself see the results. I cannot justify, even though I would like to, paying a higher price and receiving a lesser service by flying with Qantas. I havent made that decision based on this particular flight, I made it over a long period of time and experince with other airlines. Qantas doesn't really rate for price or service at the moment its like Jetstar with a Kangaroo on the tail and I won't travel with Jetstar. (maybe thats his plan?)

With regards to the resetaurant, the CC involved had plenty of options. If there were no childrens meals available, let me know. Maybe offer an adults meals if they had 1 extra and im sure they would have, a snack of some sort or heavan forbid an apology what ever. To simply after the third time to say its on its way and then lay low is not excusable on an aircraft, in a restaurant or at McDonalds.