PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2015, 17:35
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KenV,

Courtney is more than capable of answering for himself, and probably will soon, but any regular readers of his posts knows he is an ex UK fighter pilot, who has flown F-15s on an exchange tour with the US, and has had completed staff work on various fighter topics, with respect to both Typhoon and the early days of UK involvement with JSF.

You?
I still don't see the relevance, but very well.

I started out flying A-4 Skyhawks for USN. I ended flying F/A-18Cs for USN. All PACFLEET. My log book has over 200 Hornet combat hours flying in Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm. And well over another 300 Hornet combat hours flying in Operation Southern Watch and related operations. I am a quintuple centurion (over 500 traps). I have served at the squadron level, been a squadron commander, served on wing staff level, served on WEET (Weapons Effectiveness Evaluation Team) and JWEET post Desert Storm, and am a graduate of USNA and the Naval War College.

Between my A-4 and F-18 careers I cross-decked and flew P-3Cs for USN for a single tour. I spent 4 months on a "black shoe" exchange tour with the Royal Netherlands Navy aboard HNLMS Evertsen.

Most of my time with USN was as a reservist. While flying in the reserves I was employed full time by Douglas Aircraft Company as an engineer. I am currently a Boeing engineer. Most of my time at Douglas was on the C-17 program, but I also have DC-10 and MD-11 experience and headed Boeing's aborted C-27J effort. I hold an MRB Certificate for all current Boeing commercial aircraft (including former Douglas Commercial aircraft) and a PPPR certificate for the C-17 and F/A-18.

Last edited by KenV; 6th Jul 2015 at 18:19.