PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking to start flight training....BUT WHERE?
Old 6th Jul 2015, 16:59
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very true, the Arabs dont seems have the best business models

You're right about the single engine trap, its simply not good enough to fly a cessna for a 1000 hours and hope to land a job.... i see a few starter jobs here in Canada that dont require a ton of ME hours but obiously preference will be given to those that do...

We all know aircraft orders in the next few years, it is the most this generation has seen... Im pretty sure even the furloughed pilots wont be enough to cover the gap and that airlines will be more open to teaming up with flight schools.

IMO, i feel the airlines will have more programs like american eagle in the states, getting to 1500 hrs is the key. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE

i'd rather save up more money in the next few years and see whats up in a 2-3 years in the UAE/ME or even in Canada, then starting now and end up working as an instructor on a cessna for 5 years, and if i really wanted to pursue my dream in the ME, having to pay for conversion lol

there many ways to do it never one way, ill have to weigh out my options and see whats best.

Hoping for a cadet program too thats not at the CTC/CAE pricetag!