PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 6th Jul 2015, 13:52
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, if anyone considers this to be a matter of interest only to pilots or potential pilots with colour vision deficiency, please think again. This matter is merely one manifestation of a broader failure of CASA to take a risk based and evidence driven approach to medical certification and aviation regulation generally. Please do not sit on the sidelines and watch other people fight the fights to try to fix problems that may well be yours one day, if not already.
Very well said!

Whilst I am not CVD, I take a lot of interest in this thread on how CASA is dealing with the whole lot, and how the judiciary reacts.

Today it is CVD, tomorrow..........? just look at your medical questionaire!
Yes we all know what to tick and what not to...but it should not be that way!!

The whole premise of operation is driving problems underground...sure its bad for the CASA medical team, being lied to, but its also driving people to give no answers that a normal GP would say, " I think we should look at that further" They are forcing people to deny problems they have, which in most cases could be easily sorted.

Skidmark earns more than the PM, time he earn't it