PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172N checklist
Thread: C172N checklist
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2015, 08:30
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow really? Wish you had been around pre Kegworth.
I fail to see what Kegworth has to do with this discussion.

I hope you will also arrange for all the appropriate PPL technical exams to be made type specific too.
I don't see why. I'm not familiar with UK exams but those I'm familiar with cover the stuff any PPL should have a grasp of irrsepective of the type being flown.

Heard about the instructor who recently sent a solo student to Andrewsfield and she had a radio failure on Box 1 but didnt know that the a/c had two com boxes,
Kind of proves my point. There's no sense in telling a pilot about how two comms and an audio panel work if there's only one radio fitted, on the other hand however if there's two radios the student should be trained on how they work.

Oh and by the way the OP is referring to a type check out on a C172 and the fact that his instructor couldnt explain why the check was being made
I've only ever operated a C172 with the selector set to "Both". As has been pointed out the process explained in the OP was a futile exercise. Some well meaning instructor came up with "Good idea".

If you have been in training for any length of time you will know that what should be taught and what is actually taught can be poles apart.
True, part of the reason for this thread.