PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Crew Rostering System at EK
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2015, 08:26
aeropix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good or bad, I can't really decide.

Well, as a "power bidder" who has been using the Ad-Opt system for over a decade, both here and at my old company, I should feel put-off and hard-done-by at the very limited amount of bid choices we are given. With my long experience with the old system, I should be the one ranting and raving about the injustice here. It appears they really are screwing us with this, or are they?

Strangely, I have a gut feeling that this new system will perform much better than the old one, if only by limiting the allowed inputs it will force all of us to focus on what we really want for the month, rather than "shotgunning" the system and hoping that something will stick.

I'm particularly hopeful about the Top and 2nd-Top "Request" system, and about the removal of training pre-assignments that always screwed up any training-month bid.

What remains to be seen is whether the actual performance of the system as implemented here at EK will match the intentions of its design.

What is certain is that, again based on my long experience with Ad-Opt, that the old system is completely broken here and so rarely produces acceptable results that whatever comes after it will be an interesting change.