PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian - Last 36 pilots not needed during the winter.
Old 6th Jul 2015, 08:24
minimumunstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
minimumunstick,

specsavers is a well known optical chain. . . . . . .

reality pills, are possibly not available on prescription, but are surely advised for anyone in this industry.

None so blind, as those that will not see

Congratulations on your prediction which turned out to be correct. Do you want a cookie for that?

Unfortunately you fail to see that my point remains, and especially for you who "saw this coming from miles away" it is of course easy to be smug now in hindsight that it actually did happen.

Now the vast majority of pilots should "go get glasses" and are "uwilling to see" because they did not see this coming as clearly as you did right? Your comments are perfect to reiterate my point about "know-it-all" mentality which is perfectly displayed in your sarcastic comments. As someone else recently posted it should not be the topic of this discussion, and it is not very respectful to those affected either. Then of course, I have to say that I am familiar with your style of writing so it doesn't really surprise me coming from you

Just to make my point clear: It was not shocking news that pilots would be laid off as it did happen last year, so you didn't really predict next week's lottery ticket numbers either. But we did not know for sure, and it was not clear cut that it would happen again as you believe it was.

Most likely some of the pilots who applied did indeed know that there was a risk involved, but maybe some of them coming from smaller companies without jet-experence considered it worth the risk anyway. Are they then "blind" and "in need of glasses" because they applied? In my opinion not at all. Their decision might have been a good one regardless.