PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian - Last 36 pilots not needed during the winter.
Old 6th Jul 2015, 03:23
highfive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearly the contracts cannot be worth much if an employee can be forced to take 'unpaid" leave?

The important issue here, for those looking at joining NAS or NLH , is the companies intent. If it becomes accepted that the workforce are
complicit with the employers "requests" then it will become accepted practice. If you have 200 hours and living at your parents, or sharing digs, then no problem.
For the majority, its a lottery and must make sound financial planning a headache. How do guys on these punitive contracts expect to plan for their long term futures?

How long before this thinking of taking an autumn "break" will spread to the long haul? From what I gather, it seems the guys there are rather smug that they are in a separate company and there is no cross over. This will only last until there is a financial hickup or similar long haul slowdown, that requires NLH to trim its fat. Or cancel a few contracts.

All of this is not an issue to the newbie or desperate, or out of work brigade. They will take the crumbs on offer and hope to move on to pastures greener. Good luck with this.

For the majority, I cannot believe many will throw in the towel on an expat contract or a secure euro LoCo position to join either NAS or NLH. Its too risky and unstable.
I was hoping for something more but clearly these modern operators are ruthless with their staff.