PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AoC for FI revalidation with AC for FI (a), (b), (d), (e), (f), (g), (h)
Old 5th Jul 2015, 21:50
Happy Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm....

Pardon me for piggy-backing on this one, but I'm in a similar situation (shortly renewing my FI(A) and IRI(A) which lapsed at the end of last year via an AoC, FI seminar already attended).

Picking up on Whopity's post above, I only seem to have my lapsed FI(A) cert showing in Section XII Certificate of Revalidation on pgs 5 and 6 on the front of my EU licence; should the separate IRI(A) cert not be there too? The IRI is included under Section XII (confusing this....) Ratings, certificates and privileges on pg 4 as in FCL.905.FI and shown as (g)/(g)(IR(R)). On the back of my licence under Ratings previously held by holder is shown IR(Restricted) which presumably refers to IMC privileges. Any clarity on this would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of observations on the SRG forms:

SRG 1135 - Arewerunning, my version (Issue 09) has Section 7 Application at the top of pg 3, not on pg 2. My version appears to the latest in circulation. Are you using the right one? Whopity, I hadn't appreciated I would need to make a separate application (and presumably pay a fee) to the CAA as all my ratings/certificates appear on the front of my licence; I thought my licence could simply be renewed by the FIE just as a CRE and IRE did for my recently-renewed SEP, MEP and IR, in accordance with IN-2014/109.

SRG 1169 - Whopity, the additional two sections 1169 has over AMC FCL.935 seem to relate to (i) any secondary (safety) exercises flown in addition to the main taught exercise, and (ii) instrument exercises where these are flown as the main exercise (as would be the case when renewing an IRI). Surely they're both valid and should be completed where relevant?

Many thanks,
HW

Last edited by Happy Wanderer; 5th Jul 2015 at 22:25. Reason: Reference to IN-2014/109