PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice - Manchester Barton to Friedrichschafen
Old 5th Jul 2015, 20:10
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Route to enter FR via LFAC Calais Dunkerque? Friendly bunch and they are used to it.

Travel down the western side of the French border and avoid Belgian airspace.
Belgian airspace Notams with MIL etc etc will take you half a day just to read!!

The French airspace is pretty easy and you will avoid transiting anywhere busy.

After the endless pointless banter on the radio in the UK, France will seem very peaceful.
Once you enter German airspace it gets even quieter but trust me they are looking out for you.

For a quick overview I use Skyvector - the dots change colour depending on the current weather
and if you mouse over you will get the current METAR/TAF. It also has a generalisation of the airspace.

For most of planning and paperwork I currently use RocketRoute - a godsend and worth every penny.

It will automatically email you a complete route package and you can file through them even with a smartphone.

Stop somewhere in the Metz area? LFJY Chambley?

Be prepared to put your hand in your pocket at EDNY for charges etc.

Done this trip a couple of times on that route to/from UK - EDPR and it is the simplest route if weather on your side.

Enjoy! And don't forget your FIR ETA's so they know when to get rid of you!!