PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2015, 17:33
Una Due Tfc

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
All good points above.

But for the sakeof balance I'll try and think positive. SNN's westbound traffic is extremely good for it's size. How to improve on that? DUB is running 7 x B752 and 4 x A332 to IAD, maybe United could be convinced to do IAD at say 3 or 4 x weekly on a B752, especially if the joint venture with EI on ORD and IAD gets binned when EI join Oneworld. The Rhode Island route is pie in the sky with EI on year round daily to BOS, so no matter how much both airports want it I can't see it happening.

We're really limited to routes that can be flown by the 757 here. The fact that Air Transat dropped their single weekly A330 stopover on the way from DUB to YYZ really wouldn't bode well for that being launched any time soon. I can't see any routes not already in DUB being launched by the US majors to be honest.

When the A321 NEO and 737 MAX come on stream I can see opportunities for enticing European locos in on transit routes.

Summer charters IE Air Europa, Iberworld, Thomson, Onur Air to Spain, Turkey etc can be built on.

Try and get OMNI to send most of the troops through SNN again, the majority of flights use Budapest now.

Other than that, we're very reliant on Ryanair.....