PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C:\documents and settings - access
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2015, 14:55
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C:\documents and settings - access

My win 7 pc has been experiencing some worrying signs of age. Nothing dramatic yet, but it is a little worrying. So I have re-done yet another back up of everything. The most important things here are pictures, which I have backed up to 3 different places, (one a cloudy thing), and my e-mails. However, despite some time following the m/s advice, I cannot access C:\documents and settings. I think I've gone from trusted installer as being the only one who can get in, to my admin account, but when I try to access C:\d & s I still can't. Is there an idiot proof place somewhere on the web where I can find out how to do it? thanks AO

Eventually, I got in to docs and settings. Maybe taking time off from the pc for a walk around the garden helped. However, I can't find those pst files anywhere. They aren't where M/S says they should be, (MS says look in drive:\Users\\Documents\Outlook Files), and they aren't in docs and settings. The search function doesn't provide them, and all files are shown. i.e. I have checked the show all files box. Where's that blooming programme put them? Another walk called for.