PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2015, 00:39
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by RENURPP
standard unit,
I booked the flight approximately 3 montghs prior.
I have no idea whether it was loaded?
I asked the cain crew 3 times each time they said won't be long and of course it never arrived.
My impression was they didn't give a F%%#.
Neither did my daughter, and neither do I now, as I no longer travel QF international. I don't understand why people do. Its generally more expensive and lesser quality than the opposition such as Singapore Emirattes etc and I still get to use my FF points. (on Emirattes)
Joyce is a disgrace and couldn't manage to set a mouse trap. Mismanagement certainly leads to 'issues' with fed up crew and I'm sure you your grievance is legitimate.

Having said that, please remember airlines are EXTREMELY complex things and effectively running a restaurant at 35,000' with only pre loaded equipment and supplies is probably one of the most difficult things companies could do. Alan Joyce and Clifford et al have only the vaguest understanding of what goes on so it isn't immediately obvious, but what surprises me is how well the job 'generally' gets done day after day and night after night across the planet with people from totally different cultures.

What you have described obviously was a Qantas problem but it could have happened on any aircraft with any airline and any crew. No system can ever be perfect. Especially when an Irishman is involved.