PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian - Last 36 pilots not needed during the winter.
Old 5th Jul 2015, 00:01
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A great deal of sense in the last 5 or so posts (I say "or so" as I don't want to include myself)

LNIDA, I am heartened to see that your Rose Tinted spectacles are actually those really clever light sensitive/ variable jobbies that are NOT recommended for flying (OK for driving at high speed into tunnels ) you have given me hope for the edification process that is really required, & to be applied to anyone in doubt of what is "The Norwegian Way"
However, as you know only too well, the "Norwegian Pilots Union " / NPU can only get involved if someone is on a Norwegian Contract, not an ARPI/OSM/Whoreshuttle contract temporarily dumped in Scandinavia after line training to artificially prove that the Core pilot figure is sufficient. . . .but well, I guess you know/understand all that. NPU do what they can, within their remit/Norwegian Labour Law, I eagerly await BALPA's contribution, although their recognition,given that it is with the Seamans Employer, rather than the postholder, may limit their influence a bit there, lets see.

gaza10, the writing was on the wall IF you had taken the time to read the postings made (at personal cost/liability to some of us ) on here, so, don't be remotely surprised, you were warned, and if you didn't believe, you could have PM'd any of us for confirmation, &/or read the history of how it went last Winter.

opscat, regretably, yes, that is pretty much the "company culture" or so it appears going forward. The NLH thread is a source of unbridled joy too.

Last edited by captplaystation; 5th Jul 2015 at 00:13.